What We Look for in our Teachers
The teaching staff at RPCC is as varied and unique as the children in our classrooms. We look for certain qualities when hiring staff who work directly with children. Following are some of the things we value:
- A genuine interest in developing relationships with children that are based on child development knowledge and the ability to weave the interests and ideas of children into the daily curriculum.
- A sensitivity to parents and to the enormous challenges and joys that come with entrusting children to our care.
- A commitment to working together as a team. At RPCC we believe in a collaborative approach to education. We expect teachers to be willing to listen to other teachers, parents, family consultants and children, and to contribute their own ideas and opinions during our staff meetings.
- An openness to learning and growing personally and professionally.
- Emotional sensitivity and emotional sturdiness.
- An interest in taking care of children from different backgrounds and working with diverse family structures.
- Participation in in-house seminars, staff discussions, and educational trainings outside of RPCC.
We greatly value all of our staff at RPCC and therefore offer excellent benefits.